You probably have many questions regarding a first trimester abortion. This information is designed to answer many of those questions. Please read the information carefully and if you have questions feel free to call our office at 1-800-370-0049.
When you come to our office for a first trimester procedure, we will try to make your stay with us as comfortable and as brief as possible. You can expect to be in our office for 2-3 hours.
Prior to coming to the office we will explain to you the pre-operative instructions.
During your visit you will:
- Complete a self medical history and sign consent forms.
- Leave a urine sample for a pregnancy test.
- Meet with an intake counselor to discuss medical history forms and payment options.
- Have a simple blood test by finger stick.
- Meet with a patient educator who will discuss; the procedure, possible complications, necessary aftercare (Post Operative Instructions) and birth control options.
- See the doctor for an examination and the abortion procedure.
- Be observed for a brief recovery period with the recovery area staff.