Abnormal vaginal bleeding
Below is a list of most of the major causes of Irregular vaginal bleeding can be caused by a host of conditions. If you experience even one episode of irregular vaginal bleeding, you must make an appointment to be fully evaluated in order to rule out the most serious causes of irregular bleeding and, more importantly, to catch and treat any serious aliment that may be discovered before it becomes un-treatable.
Our staff of gynecologists and nurse practitioners is fully skilled and equipped to diagnose any of the causes of irregular bleeding and to take the appropriate steps necessary to make sure that you receive the best care and treatment for the problem. Please call and make an appointment as soon as possible.
Causes of irregular vaginal bleeding
- Endocrine system factors-peri-menaupause, vaginal atrophy, Stein Leventhal syndrome, hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, endometriosis etc
- Pregnancy-miscarriage, placental abruption, placenta previa, irritation in the vaginal canal, placenta accrete and increta, ectopic pregnancy
- Medical- bleeding dyscrasia(for example thrombocytopenia or VonWillebrand disease), that is an abnormal clotting process; kidney or liver disease; celiac disease
- Physical trauma-lesions on the vulva or in the vagina or the cervix or uterous from sexual intercourse, foreign objects etc.
- Hiatrogenic-physician caused trauma; IUD; Post surgery; medications with anti coagulative properties; changing or stopping Birth control pills.
- Cancers and precancerous lesions of the uterous, cervix, ovary, vagina, Vulva, fallopian tube.
- Non cancerous growths-For example uterine polyps or fibroids or adenomyosis.
- Infections of the reproductive tract-for example Pelvic Inflammatory disease, clamydiatrachomatis, gonorrhea, cervicitis, endometritus, vagnitis, urea plasma vaginitis, vaginosis.
The important message to recognize is that if irregular vaginal bleeding occurs, you need to make an appointment in order to be fully evaluated so that any serious condition can be dealt with before it becomes un-treatable.